He is external professor of Masters of Acoustic in la Universidad Ramón Llull (La Salle) de Barcelona, UEM Europe Universidad Madrid, UN Navarra Universidad, Universitat Internacinal de Catalunya UIC, etc, and performed master classes in several Universities and Tecnological Centers of Spain.
- Member of the Sociedad Española de Acústica SEA (member of the board of director team) since 1971.
- Member since 2013, and associate member since 1976 of the Acoustical Society of America ASA
- Firm member of the National Council of Acoustical Consultants since 2013.
- Member of the European Acoustics Association EAA since 2000.Professor of Master in Acoustics in the - Ramón Llull University (La Salle) in Barcelona, UEM European University Madrid, UN Navarra University,
RESEARCH AND DESIGN AWARDS
- JUAN VIGON Research Award given by the “Patronato of the Aero spatial Technique national Institute Esteban Terrades (1980 / 1981)”.
- Rehabitec award 1996: Metropol Theater in Tarragona.
- FAD award. Special Mention in recognition for his work, in the last years, in numerous and important architectural projects (2000).
- Accessit Construmat 2001 by Institut del Teatre.
- Diploma of silver of the Acoustical Society of America ASA.
- Certificate of recognition of Portuguese Acoustics Society.
- Design award "Auszeichnung gutes Bauen 2006-2010", Switzerland, for the Tonhalle of St. Gallen.
MAIN SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS, ARTICLES AND BOOKS
1. An improved Reverberation Formula (#)(1988). Acustica (Hirzel Verlag)Vol 65 nº4, 163-180. Veure NOTA) (*)
2. Variation of the Reverberation Time of places of public assembly with audience size (1997). Building Acoustics, Volume 4 nº 2.
3. General theory of the energy relations in halls with asymmetrical absorption (1999). Building Acoustics vol 5 nº3.
4. Increasing the Acoustic Volume of Performance Spaces without Altering the Internal Dimensions. Acta Acustica united Acustica, Vol 98 (2012) 309-316.
5.The Refurbishment of Orchestra of Rehearsal Room of Great Theater of Liceu, Journal Building Acoustics, Vol 19, number 1, 2012.
6. The Refurbishment of Tonhalle St.Gallen. Journal Building Acoustics, Vol 19, number 3, 2012.
7. Sound Pressure Levels in Rooms: A Study of Steady State Intensity, Total Sound Level, Reverberation Distance, New Discussion of Steady Intensity, and the other Experimental Formulae. Journal Building Acoustics, Vol 19, number 3, 2012, and others.
NOTE: Theses scientific publications have been and are actually cited in numerous scientific publications and books of the highest level.
ABC de la acústica arquitectónica (1999). Book published by Ceac.
CHAIRMAN Y PROFESSOR INVITED
He has been Chairman and co-Chairman in many national and international congresses and invited professor in most of the congresses since 2000, like INTERNOISE, FIA, SEA, Acoustics Institute ICA and ISRA.
BUILDING & CIVIL WORKS
Higini Arau has worked 40 years as an acoustical consultant to most of the world's leading architects.
In his work he tried to project the best sound with maximum respect for the architectural design.
His contribution to architecture through sound has been highly recognized worldwide. His large work can be examined on its website www.arauacustica.com
In the scientific field acoustic contribution is well known. His theories now occupy together with Sabine and Eyring a special place in most spreadsheet programs sold in the world, such as the Odeon and WinRT 60.