Competition rules for design of the advertising page for Cersaie 2012
Following its launch in 2009, the International ceramic tile and bathroom furnishings exhibition Cersaie has decided to repeat the competition of ideas in which students attending Italian schools and universities are invited to submit designs for the Cersaie 2012 image.
Today more than ever before, innovation in the field of design and architecture is achieved not by major revolutions or radical statements but through concrete proposals that seek to transform our habitat while taking account of both the past and future. This is the certainly the case of the urban landscape, as we can see every day in our homes, in the collective spaces small and large where we spend many hours of our daily lives. Effective horizontal distribution and vertical landmarks are both necessary if we are not to lose our sense of orientation.
Ceramic materials play a key role in this evolutionary process that is taking place ever more rapidly while at the same time returning to the compositional languages of the past. Ceramic products are ubiquitous and are no longer limited to the most intimate spaces in the home. Like oversized Ariadne’s threads, we find them everywhere, sometimes camouflaged but always proud of their qualities. On the basis of these considerations, the image for the next Cersaie 2012 should explore the following concepts:
- Ceramics everywhere.
- From the home to the city.
- Flexibility and camouflage.
- Sustainability, given that ceramic is a material that is born from the earth and returns to the earth in an unending cycle.
- Ceramic products have a strongly human value because even when mass produced they are capable of conveying personal human expression.
A concept capable of bringing together these values will be used as the institutional image for the Cersaie 2012 campaign.
THE ITALIAN INSTITUTES AND UNIVERSITIES INVITED TO TAKE PART IN THE COMPETITION ARE
- Domus Academy, Milan
- Faculty of Industrial Design of the University of Genoa
- Faculty of Architecture, degree course in industrial design, La Sapienza University, Rome
- Faculty of Industrial Design of the University of Naples
- Isia Faenza
- Isia Florence
- Isia Rome
- Isia Urbino
- Istituto Europeo di Design, Rome
- IUAV, Design Faculty, Venice
- Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Faculty of Design and Arts
- NABA Milan
- Milan Polytechnic, INDACO Department
- Polytechnic Design School, Milan
- University of Palermo, Architecture Faculty, Design Department
University faculties are invited to submit projects, without limits in number, at the discretion of the supervising professor.
Each project must be submitted in a printed format (two colour prints of size 21x29.7 cm) and on digital media; along with the images, the CD-ROM must contain a presentation of the project (.doc format) and a list of the first names, last names, course of studies and faculties of each individual student or workgroup.
GUIDELINES FOR DESIGN OF THE 2010 IMAGE
- The image must be reproducible in both black and white and colour.
- The image must be reproducible in sizes from 700x1000 mm to 20x20 mm.
- The image must be suitable for both horizontal and vertical use and for the widest range of advertising formats (e.g. 140x220 mm, 550x66 mm).
- The image must be reproducible with a range of printing techniques and on different media (e.g. web).
- The image must be submitted in digital format, in colour and black and white, in sizes 700x1000 mm at 300 dpi and 210x297 mm at 300 dpi, and in both tiff and source file format (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop for Macintosh).
Any accessory fonts or images must be provided rights free.
- If the image is drawn with full bleed, a space of 10 mm should be allowed for at the edges.
- Complete rights must be granted for use of the image without limitations.
- The image may be reproduced entirely or partially according to graphic requirements.
SUBMISSION OF WORKS
The works must arrive at the offices of Confindustria Ceramica (Viale Monte Santo, 40 – 41049 Sassuolo MO) by 1 June 2011, as attested by the postmark.
The jury consisting of Confindustria Ceramica representatives together with Michele De Lucchi, Beppe Finessi, Franco Origoni and Lia Piano will meet no later than 30 June 2011 to judge the submissions.
2,000 euro to the winning student;
5,000 euro to the school/university they are attending;
500 euro for mentions.
An exhibition of all submitted projects will be organised at Cersaie 2012.
For further information:
Viale Monte Santo, 40 - 41049 Sassuolo MO
Tel. +39 0536 818111 – fax +39 0536 806510
Competition of ideas
promoted by Confindustria Ceramica
organised by Edi.Cer. Spa